Friday, November 21, 2008

Creeping up on you

The internet really has way to much information on it at all times.  I mean how else can you type in someone's name, and then all of a sudden 7 years later see a picture of them, ones you know and then new ones that witness that passing of time.  It all seems so unreal.  I have this person that I knew for years in very intimate ways staring back at me, and they don't even know that I saw it.   Hell, I wish I hadn't seen it.  I don't like the past coming back.

All of these peer networks, and facebook and myspace give so much access to people's lives if they put it out there, you don't even believe it sometimes.  Click on a link and you are thrown back into your past that you have tried to run from for so long and tried to push out.  Click on another link, and you are thanking your lucky stars that you didn't end up with a person.  You know you dodged a bullet.  You click one more link and see the family you could have had, and didn't get.  And then there are the real surprises when you see someone that influenced a really close person in your life, and keep it to yourself because you don't want to give them the pangs of regret and remorse.

So thanks to the age of rapid access, I can diagnosis a rash I have never see before based on a picture online, and then turn around and find that my past has crept up on me by seeing a picture of an old flame.

Go figure.

No comments: